the shell of a havie nut

Sunday, July 02, 2006

My STYLE and Jiff



It was a chilly day for Melbourne today. A max of 13 degrees but really it feels like lower than 10! The breeze was freezing and it was raining too! It feels so good to sleep in and stay cuddled up in a warm bed the whole day and watch DVDs.

But sorry to say we have no choice but to get up and brave the weather to get some fresh supplies from the Queen Victoria Market.

I took a shower briefly and planned my wardrobe for the day. I vowed to wear my havies even if it's winter coz I only get to wear them on weekends. So yesterday was the Summer White and today's the Royal Blue/Pistachio STYLE. "Worn for the very first time...like a virrrr.... :) "

And just as expected my toes started complaining when the rainwater went through. Mwahaha!!! I told ya so! But fortune favours the brave so I remind myself. It wasn't so bad anymore after awhile. Must be because I got used to the cold or my toes were already frozen!

We spent the entire morning and afternoon shopping for food and groceries to last us the entire month. As soon as we get home, I looked at my havs and I pity them. The picture of one used and abused, cold and wet, and stained! My havs stained!

After washing the fresh fruits and vegetables and poultry and meat and fish...my pistachio style had a warm rub-a-dub. Twice brushed but I can still spot some discolouration on the bottom part. My husband told me to stop scrubbing coz it might scratch off the green colour and you know how tragic that can be. I stopped. I rummaged through our detergents, dishwashing liquids, and other chemicals and found...JIFF!!!

Mighty! Mighty Jiff! I poured a few drops and gently gently brush it through again...and VOILA! The stains' gone! Looking brandnew as ever! To the bathroom sink it goes to dry up.

So there ya go...If you've got problems with stains on your havies...JIFF it! Stain's gone in a jiffy!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 1:05 PM, Blogger Pia M said…

    I can send you havaiana SOCKS to wear with your havis on cold days y'know! I wear mine when going to the cinema :) Quesejoda what people will say. Tse! Inggit sila, gumaya sila ;) (Yung iba kasi nandi-dis sa mga gumamagamit ng socks with 'flops!) Ang sarap-sarap ng feeling... Promise!
    Love, Pia :)

     
  • At 10:43 PM, Blogger mga taratitat ni maria said…

    sige nga mommy pia! nakita mo ba yung havaianas socks! ang cu-cute nila!!!! ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home