the shell of a havie nut

Saturday, May 05, 2007

how many is too many?



When I started this blog, the intention was to share the fun of collecting Havaianas. 2006 was the year I was drawn to these rubber flip flops and how drawn I must be...because as of last count I now have 252 pairs. I keep an album, with a photo of each pair in my multiply account. Come and visit http://havienut.multiply.com/. Add me as a contact and you'll see each of those 252 pairs.

So, when do you say it's enough aready? I have been hemming and hawing with that thought for some time now. Let me just state the obvious...With the 3 of us in the house, I'm the only candidate for 35/36. It'd be good though to at least share it with a sister or a cousin. With Australia's four season climate, I can only wear it on two seasons and only during the weekends. This Havienut by the way works on a typical 9-5 setup no flipfloppies allowed. There ya go...Although, I've known all along that I won't be able to use all of them, I still kept on.

But why? Here's why...I love collecting. It's true I don't have the assurance of wearing all, so does that mean it does not render it's value? Is it only by using them for what they were made for the sole purpose of its worthiness? I'd say it is the inexplicable feeling of acquiring only a collector's heart fathoms. And because I have loved, that should transcend all reason.

And what's the score? I will stop buying in dozens. I reckon my number is enough to be called a "Havaianas Collection". Perhaps this decision will now enable me to venture into a new interest. But I will keep this blog. There might be new pairs in the future, who knows. And I will post a link to my new collection in this blog soon.

Is this Goodbye? well, this post is just a temporary goodbye....so havienut would rather say....see ya later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home