the shell of a havie nut

Monday, July 10, 2006

A token from the GENEROUS PEOPLE of HAVAIANAS!!!


I cannot contain my excitement! I just have to post this rightaway...
It all started with a simple email to the website of my favourite footwear brand HAVAIANAS.


Since I only started collecting in January 2006, I missed all the fantastic earlier release of Havs. I thought maybe if I write, they might somehow know where I can still purchase them. I am one desperate trying hard collector, I know!

And then in just a few days, I received a very friendly email from a gentleman in Alpargatas. Oh wow! I was impressed. The email's written by a real person and not an automatically generated letter! Then just right after that email, another one came in this time from the Havaianas local distributor in Australia. I AM getting an email from the local distributor!!! I am having that email framed! ;) But it didn't end to a single email. I kept receiving them almost everyday. And of course I bragged about how silly I can be with the footwear and how many pairs I have (oh shuzzz, I'm so full...) But really, let me just say that she's very nice I wanted to hug her now!!!

So okay...here's what makes me feel like Christmas in July:

I didn't go to work today coz I wasn't feeling very well. All the stress and late nite work's taking its toll on me now. But then around 10am, our doorbell rang and a man with this box took my husband's signature. At first I thought it was the parcel I was expecting from Manila. Imagine my surprise when I read the sender's address:

Okay...so my jaw dropped! And Erick started laughing...He said "Mummy, you're shaking!". I asked him at once to get the camera...I just have to capture this!
And what does a gold box means???? Limited! Limited! Limited!!!

The GOLD box contains TWO pairs of the Limited Edition World Cup series. One pair is gold and the other is silver. Oh my havness!!!


Since this IS a limited edition... distributors were given only a few number of pairs for each country. I was told before by Clayton (Globalize Shop's Manager), that their shop got two Gold pairs to give off. But to be able to win a pair, one has to compose an email as to why he/she wanted the pair. They didn't send me the member's notice so I kept on calling and calling for my membership email so I can join. But to my dismay, I didn't get it even until the promo ends. But guess what? I was meant to have NOT one but TWO! Hugggsss again to Ms. A.!!!

And then there's another box!

Containing...taadaaaa.....


I have to pose with them with my PJs and all this moring to send to Ms. A. at once, to thank them for their generosity. This is the first time in my whole errrmmty-two years of life that I get to receive a surprise gift from people I don't know. And this is a fabulous gift!

Until now, 5 hours after opening the box, I still cannot believe my eyes...I have to keep on going through each pair and feel them. I am one silly girl, awright!

Thanks heapsfor this overwhelming token Havaianas! And I am just so proud to patronize a product with such wonderful and generous people behind it.

Thank you very much.

Blogspot wouldn't let me add more photos anymore so I am going to continue this on another entry to show you the rest of the pairs.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:01 PM, Blogger Pia M said…

    Graberz ka bex! I am sooo THRILLLLLED for yah!!!! Woohoo! You deserve all of those gifts y'know... no one else can REPRESENT havaianas the way you do! Keep it up and count your blessings he-he!
    Love yah,
    Pia :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home