the shell of a havie nut

Saturday, July 15, 2006

The Elusive Zebra...

This design was released last year. I remembered in January, along with the other animal prints SurfDiveNSki had them on sale for $12 or perhaps lower. I wasn't interested with Havies then, so I let it pass...

And then one day, after I hoarded all the colours and prints of the Havaianas Animal Kingdom...this was the only one missing! I can no longer see them anywhere. Believe me when I say that I've searched every shop in Melbourne and even went as far as Lorne Foreshore and Apollo Bay but nada.

I asked fellow havaianatics from Manila. They found some pairs but not in my size. :(

And then last month, I had a chat with Clayton (Globalize Shop Manager) and told him that I am searching for this print and he confirmed that it's not available anymore. But he said he might be able to get me one coz he thinks there's some 3 pairs left in South Australia.

Weeks passed. I haven't been to that store. I just usually call to ask if they've got new stocks already. And since the answer's negative, I didn't bother going to the store. Except for tonight...I have an errand to buy a friend 3 pairs of the stripe metallics and guess what I saw hanging all alone in the midst of the Gold Leopard Prints and Brown Giraffes.....
And then of course, you knew what happened next. I went home with it! :)

Welcome dear Zebra Print with Pink Straps! And thanks bunch Clayton!!!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home